It's hard to believe that summer vacation is coming to an end soon. September is just a few weeks away!
I got the class list and I will be sending postcards - hopefully everyone kept their blue cards updated in the office last year.
- A Photo of your child
- Children love to see photos of themselves. It helps create a warm and welcoming classroom.
- Information you want me to know
- Your child's name and nickname (I only know some of the students in our class)
- Your child's interests - likes, dislikes
- Your child's life outside of school - after-school activities, classes, weekend plans
- Health concerns - allergies, food and seasonal
- Family - siblings (names and ages), pets, and other close family members
- Anything else!
- A photo of your family
- Families are awesome. You're awesome. I'd like to put up all of our awesome families.
- Shirley (The kids call me Ms. Liang)
- I really like to eat ice cream, scrapbook, and get things on sale. I take a bunch of photographs but I'm not the best at uploading and sharing them. I like to read about uplifting news and watching cute animals, fun facts, and Do-It-Yourself videos online.
I do not like watching scary things or seeing people being rude. I do not like being tickled since I tend to be ticklish.
- After I finish preparing for the next day, I try to go to the gym to exercise. I don't like it, but I know that it's important to stay healthy. I am also taking a class to get another certification. I have dinner with my siblings, parents, and grandparents on the weekend.
- I'm lactose sensitive, so as much as I like to eat ice cream, I can't eat it whenever I want. I have seasonal allergies.
- I have a younger sister, Stephanie, and a younger brother, Sam (who is also a teacher)! My mom, Sharon, really likes kids, and my dad, Eddie, used to drive a yellow taxi. We have a turtle, Wind, that is about 10 years old. I also have two guinea pigs, Magneto and Xavier.
- This is my second year teaching first grade. It's my first time in our classroom. I made a terrarium for our classroom and I'm excited to have the kids help me take care of it!