I was so happy to see students ready to get their day started at 8:00, our official start time. Almost everyone bought in all of the requested supplies. I sincerely appreciate it when families provide us with the requested materials - it allows the class equal access to things. Especially since some things run out a lot quicker than others, such as disinfectant wipes, paper towels, etc., it's great to know that we have supplies to stay clean and healthy!
Today, we got to learn each other's names. We figured out our seats, our tables (red circle, blue circle, yellow rectangle, green triangle, and purple rhombus), our rug spots are, and the location of our mailboxes.
I'm eagerly waiting for the forms given out today to be returned. I know, there are a lot of them:
- Blue card (very important for emergencies and contact information)
- Student Information Sheet (the one with the owl in the upper-right hand corner)
- Consent to photograph, film, or videotape a student for non-profit use (when these are filled out, I can post up photos of the class!)
- FAN4Kids Food Sampling (This program brings food samples for children to try)
- School Messenger (contact information regarding important upcoming information)
- Consent form for walking trips (allows us to explore our neighborhood)- Afterschool Program information (This aids us with dismissal)
- PTA Membership Dues ($20/child; free book given - while supplies last!)(all payments should be in an envelope with the child's name and class 1-208)
- School Uniform Order Sheet (PTA recommends that you order one size larger than usual)
Also included in your child's blue folder:
- Birthday Celebration Policy for 2014 - 2015
- TALES Family Handbook
- September Calendar
- Lunch form application (if applicable)
I understand that there are a lot of forms sent home. Take your time filling them out. Accurate information is important. All forms need to be handed in by Friday, September 12th, 2014. Naturally, I would really appreciate any forms that come before then to alleviate the amount of paperwork. (Thank you!)
This week, there is no homework. Reading logs will start next week, on Monday, September 8th. Homework packets will start on Monday, September 15th.
Thank you so much for a fabulous first day of school! I'm so excited for day 2!