Today was the first day of Kindergarten! It was an exciting day for me and I hope the students all enjoyed it!
In the beginning of the year, it's very important that guardians fill out all of the paperwork in the blue folder. The blue folder should be in your child's backpack.
Unfortunately, I forgot to take home a blue folder with me, but make sure you fill these out:
- Emergency Contact Card (Blue card) - Send in as soon as possible (ASAP)!
- Lunch application - If you already did it online, you DO NOT have to do it again.
- COOL Culture Pass - MUST be returned by Wednesday, September 16th (otherwise, you will have to wait weeks longer to get your COOL Culture Pass)
- After School Survey - Inform us about who picks up your child and if they go to an after school program
- Walking Trip Consent Form
- Photo/Video Consent Form - I would like to post up pictures of the class and need to wait until the consents are signed before doing so.
- Welcome Letter - See below for a PDF copy
- Transportation Survey - ONLY for those who live far and got the letter; if you believe you need transportation services, see Ms. Lalita. Ms. Lalita's office is to the left when you enter the building, next to the security desk in the lobby.
These are my dismissal procedures. Today was very exciting for parents and students and it was chaotic. I hope that tomorrow will be smoother. I will go over these with the students, but please go over these with them at home:
- We stay seated.
- When you see the adult here to pick you up, raise a quick thumb.
- Wait until your teacher calls on you.
- Teacher makes eye contact with the adult.
- Student and teacher give each other an elbow bump.
- Student and teacher say "Bye ____!"
I know it's a lot. It'll take a lot of practice, but we'll get better with it as time goes on.
During dismissal, your child's safety is my priority. This is the reasoning behind these procedures. When I get to know all of the adults, then I will call students up since I will most likely see you before they see you.